Sunday, March 8, 2009

happiness


Today I woke up filled with joy. In my head, I was still singing Om Maitri, Om Karuna, Om Mudita, Om Upekshanam, which I’d been chanting when I fell asleep the night before. Walking my dog as the day dawned, I was smiling inside and out, and it seemed like everyone I encountered was filled with happiness too. Although the day was cloudy, I felt as though the sun was shining and I was filled with light. I felt so glad to be alive – grateful to my parents for giving me the gift of my life; grateful to my husband for giving me the space to walk in the morning; grateful to my children for sleeping in; grateful to everyone I know for making my life so rich and full.

From The Secret Garden, “The sun is shining–the sun is shining. That is the Magic. The flowers are growing–the roots are stirring. That is the Magic. Being alive is the Magic–being strong is the Magic. The Magic is in me–the Magic is in me. It is in me–it is in me. It’s in every one of us."

No comments: